Holiday Email Marketing Ideas!
A few weeks ago, I came across a great article on holiday promotions. And with Thanksgiving just done, we're in full swing holiday promotion season.
Here are a few of the highlights!
1. Use percentage discounts for promotions (Save 20% today!)
2. Include the promotion directly in the subject line (Free shipping today ONLY)
3. Optimize your emails for mobile. Only 40% of emails sent by the top 1,000 U.S. web merchant are mobile optimized!
4. Keep subject lines short (Most clients show between 40-60 characters)
5. Don't overdo the promos! Subscribers are going to be flooded with email for the next 6 weeks. The response is not simply "Send more". Pay attention to engagement and send accordingly.
6. Send emails on obscure holidays. We've talked about this before, so look for some fun holidays in November and December, like "First Day of Winter", for example.
For the full article, visit: http://www.inc.com/heather-r-morgan/how-to-use-email-marketing-to-beat-your-competitors-this-holiday-season.html
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
For more information on holiday email marketing ideas, visit http://www.emaildelivered.com/holiday-email-marketing-ideas/. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.