Deliverability Reminders: IP Addresses
This week, we're going to go over IP allocation...
First things first... more doesn't necessarily mean "better deliverability". ISPs have gotten more and more sophisticated over the years and see past the IP address alone.
You can't just keep adding additional IP addresses to avoid getting into trouble with the ISPs over other issues.
However, there are some cases, where you may want to add additional IP addresses. For example:
- Separating transactional messages from marketing messages.
- High mail volume. If you're sending high volumes of mail on a regular basis, you may want to add additional IP addresses to get the mail out faster. For instance, if you have 250,000 emails going out over a single IP address, it may take some time for all of the mail to go out due to restrictions on the ISPs in terms of how much mail they accept per hour.
One other note on IP addresses...
It's important to be consistent for consistent results. If you take a month of from sending email, then you'll need to ease back in. In other words, you can turn around and send 300,000 messages from an IP that's had no sending volume in 30 days without expecting some throttling, delays, and potential blocking. They are watching for patterns and want to make sure the sending patterns are in line with the history (and not a spammer that's hijacked your IP(s)).
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today, she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
Email deliverability reminder on IP addresses http://www.emaildelivered.com/ip-addresses/. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.