Email Marketing Best Practices Refresher
We want to cover just a few email marketing best practices "refresher". Here are 5 items to review to make sure your email marketing adheres to best practices and complies with all applicable laws.
1. Choose your from address wisely. The best from address is going to be a real email address. Ideally, this is an address that goes to a support mailbox or otherwise monitored box where people can reach a live human such as "support@". We recommend changing your email address to either your name@ or support@, but not using a default catch-all type of address. There are hidden ways the ‘from address’ can help (or hurt) your email marketing.
2. Be sure to comply with Can-Spam by including a business address in the footer of your email messages. Not only is this the law, it's a best practice and has some impact on what happens to your email messages. Here is the list of the CAN Spam requirements.
3. Change the default unsubscribe text in your messages to something more "user friendly". There are ways to optimizing the unsubscribe process.
4. Always test your messages before you send. This will help you see any glitches in the copy, confirm delivery, and allow you to make edits to the copy, HTML, etc. Here are HTML elements to test.
5. Keep your lists clean (and active). In other words, remove unopens regularly in order to keep only the active/engaged subscribers getting your messages. This is playing a much more significant role in deliverability than ever before. Here's what you can do with unengaged subscribers.
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
To get the email marketing best practices refresher article visit http://www.emaildelivered.com/email-marketing-best-practices-refresher. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.