Last week, the FTC created a blog post answering some of the common questions surrounding the CAN-Spam Law, which actually had some interesting information.
Some of the more pertinent topics include:
* Requirements for identifying "commercial email messages" as advertising
* Opt-in/permission requirements (This is NOT an all clear to buy lists)
* Considerations surrounding messages sent to cell phones
And the one that seems most interesting is that political marketing DOES not apply as it's not considered commercial. In fact, it's even covered under the first amendment!
Anyways, it's a quick read but worth a few minutes of your time!
The full post can be found here: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/business-blog/2015/08/candid-answers-can-spam-questionsa
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
For more information on Can Spam, check out all our CAN-Spam articles. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.
No comments yet.