Content is Still King
Content is still king.
Content is still the single most important factor when it comes to get your mail delivered.
If your subscribers don't like your content, they'll unsubscribe or, worse, report your message as spam.
If the ISPs don't like you're content, the message will be sent to the junk folder or, worse, rejected.
What's more is that once you start sending email that's perceived as spammy, it doesn't take long for your reputation (IP and domain) to take a hit.
The problem is that content can be a tricky topic and "spam" is a relative term.
Here are some tips to help with your content.
1. Check URLs (and skip the affiliate networks altogether)
2. Test your content against filters (at the very least, use something like SpamAssassin that's built into most email software. The threshold there is generally a "5", but truth be told, you'll really want to see this number as close to zero as possible since ISP algorithms are more sophisticated and more strict).
3. Make sure your message matches your market. If you're sending different types of offers, you absolutely must segment your list. Someone who signed up for your newsletter on sugar gliders may not be interested in 'making money' offers.
4. Be careful with solo ads from other people. Their content, websites, etc. may not resonate with your audience AND they may have lots of triggers for spam.
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
For more tips on email content, visit http://www.emaildelivered.com/re-engagement-campaigns/. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.