Why Changing Your IPs and Domain Is Not the Answer
In recent months, many of the ISPs have clamped down on their filtering.
As a result, more emails are going to the spam folders across the board. As such, we've had clients contact us requesting help with regard to inbox placement and getting out of the spam folder.
First things first, your overall email reputation is critical to your email program.
That email reputation consists of not ONLY your IP address(es), but also your domains. The domains are playing more and more of a role in where your emails are landing. So, it's no longer solely about the IP addresses anymore.
As such, it is more important than ever to:
- Keep a close eye on complaints. Even just a small number of complaints can hurt your reputation.
- Watch engagement. More and more important is the engagement factor. If people aren't reading your emails, it's time take them out of your list. Consider a re-engagement campaign. If, by the end of the campaign, they don't re-engage, then move on. It's time to remove them from your list.
- Pay attention to your domain reputation and thoroughly test all links and destination URLs in your emails to ensure that messages inbox.
- Segment your subscribers. It's not enough just to blast the same message to every subscriber. Even if you're sending the same offer, it's a good idea to modify the subject line at the very least and the message content
- Always test your messages before you send. Not only does this allow you to fix any problems BEFORE you send out. It also helps keep your reputation from getting damaged and having to go back and fix the problem.
Keep in mind that when you're sending from your own resources (IPs/domains), is all about your email reputation. The cleaner your email program, the better your deliverability.
Author: Heather Seitz
Attention Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, and Marketers: You may republish or syndicate this article without any charge. The only thing I ask is that you keep the newsletter article or blog post exactly as it was written and formatted, with no changes. You must also include full publication attribution and back links as indicated. This information has been provided by http://www.EmailDelivered.com and written by Heather Seitz.
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
For more information on how to maximize email conversion and keep your subscribers engaged for long term profitability with a great email reputation, click here http://www.EmailDelivered.com. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.