More Email in 2016…
American consumers can expect to receive even MORE email in 2016 as companies get more and more sophisticated with strategy, tactics and tools.
This means, to continue to grow as an email marketer, you've got to continue to work on your copy, your list and your relationship with your subscribers. More and more, subscribers are losing messages in all of the clutter so you've got to stand out.
According to Experian's recent "Holiday Hotsheet: Insights for the Holiday Marketer" report...
- A large increase in email volume led to lower "rates", but more actual opens, clicks and transactions. Year over year, unique opens increased 19%, unique clicks by 10%, and transaction volume 20%.
- 90% of all retail campaigns had an offer included and 40% of all offers featured coupons or codes.
- Thanksgiving actually beat our Cyber Monday and Black Friday as the biggest day of the year. Cyber Monday came in second.
- Not surprising, nearly 1/3 of all visits to the retail stores covered in the report were to Amazon.
While the 2016 holiday season is still many months away (thankfully!), these trends are worth taking a look at. Start paying more attention to actual numbers versus percentages... Look at the types of offers that retail campaigns are including (i.e. free shipping, coupons, etc.), and possibly getting some physical products on Amazon if it fits your business model in any way!
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
For more information on proven ways to boost your email marketing results and to stay on top of the best practices and insider resources, visit http://www.emaildelivered.com/blog. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.