Email is Still King…
This past year, at SXSW, we spent a good bit of time in sessions on growth hacking and development. Since then, a number of our team members has been following a number of panelists and speakers.
This week, I came across a great case study - coupled with some important email reminders.
The author, Tammy Camp, was ALL ABOUT analytics and tracking and has provided some good insight (and a few reminders) that are worth revisiting!
* Focus on the small stuff - Look for small improvements week over week (as little as 2-5%). Lots of small tweaks result in big results!
* Split test subject lines - this is old hat to most of us, but a good reminder. Use the "curiosity approach" and try to spark their imagination!
* Deliverability - We already spend a lot of time focusing on deliverability and best practices in our weekly newsletters.
*A/B testing sequences - Try testing the order of your messages in your campaign sequences in order to increase open rates and engagement rates.
Check out the full case study/article below. There are lots of good little nuggets in it that are worth a quick read:
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
To get more email marketing tips and tricks, including this article Email is Still King, visit http://www.emaildelivered.com/blog/. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.