Email vs Social Media (Again)!
Every few months, there's someone saying that "Email is Dying" and that "Social Media is Taking Over"... and as we've been predicting for the last 7-8 years, Email is not going anywhere.
HOWEVER, social media does play a role in digital marketing and needs to work in conjunction with your email marketing efforts.
Here are a few recent stats on Email Engagement vs Social Media
- Email marketing drives more conversions than any other marketing channel including social media and search. (Monetate)
- Email is 40 times more effective in acquiring new customers than social giants like Facebook or Twitter. (McKinsey)
- About 81% of online shoppers who receive follow up emails suggesting similar products, are more like to make a purchase. (eMarketer)
- 72% of people prefer receiving promotional content via email instead of social media. (MarketingSherpa)
- Email subscribers are 3 times more likely to share your content in their circles compared to other sources. (QuickSprout)
- A message is 5 times more likely to be seen and read in an email than via Facebook. (Radicati)
So the key is to look at ways to blend email and social media in a comprehensive marketing strategy. For example, build the relationship and connection on social media, but use email to drive sales and marketing efforts.
Email vs social media? For more information on how to boost your email marketing profitability with the help of social media, visit http://www.emaildelivered.com/email-vs-social-media. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.