4 Reasons Why Not to Use Attachments in Email
There are a number of reasons you want to stay away from using attachments in your emails.
1. The ISPs don’t like them! Typically, those sending out bulk email with attachments tend to be spammers. And since this is an easy one to control, then you might as well eliminate this from the mix.
2. People are less likely to open messages with attachments. Messages with attachments are often associated with viruses, so in many cases, they’ll simply delete the message or, worse, send it to the spam folder, which can cause damage to your reputation.
3. Attachments don’t provide good usability for your subscribers. They can be difficult for all readers to download due to firewalls, the size of the attachment, if mobile devices can read the file, etc.
4. Message size… Attachments increase the size of your message, which increases the time in which it takes to send your emails and general server load. This can cause performance issues for your campaigns and significant delays in recipients getting your messages.
Instead of using an attachment, host the file online and provide a link in your emails. By linking to the content, you reduce the risk of the attachment causing delivery issues, improve user experience, and increase the chances that people will actually open - and read - your messages.
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
Using attachments in emails? Here are reasons why you shouldn't http://www.emaildelivered.com/attachments-in-email/. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.